[Pdns-users] AXFR's in powerdns

Andrew Mulholland andy at bash.sh
Fri Mar 21 20:01:16 UTC 2003

heya,

I noticed today that my servers were allowing AXFR's from anywhere,
despite me having the following line in pdns.conf

allow-axfr-ips=62.253.236.247

I'd assumed (it seems incorrectly), that this would mean it would only
allow AXFR's from that ip (my secondary nameserver).

so currently one must do the following:

disable-axfr=yes
allow-axfr-ips=62.253.236.247

in _that_ order.
as having allow-axfr-ips first, seems to not work.

can I request that if its not difficult, maybe change this to
automatically assume disable-axfr=yes IF allow-axfr-ips is defined
unless otherwise specified in the configuration.

One other thing noticed, by Stuart Walsh,  which is kinda related, as its only used if
using master/slave stuff,  that if you've accidentally set a slave with
a null master, it segfaults PowerDNS.
from memory, what bind did, was just ignore that zone.

I guess similar errror handling would be cool for powerdns too.

thanks :)

Andrew

--
"Thanks, and THIS time it really is fixed. I mean, how many times can
we get it wrong? At some point, we just have to run out of really bad