[Pdns-users] Fancy-records and urlredirector

A/S ScanNet - Dan Faerch dan at scannet.dk
Thu Jun 12 08:02:30 UTC 2003

> fancy records sound alots like a fancy form of cname.  interesting
> feature.
Well.. Very fancy cname maybe ;)..  But the importent difference is that you
have the "content" field free to hold the information about url's, instead
of holding an IP or the "Just" a domainname.. Its get's the ip for the
a-record from the config, and thus leaving the content field free to do eg:
www.test.com - URL -
http://login:now@mysite.com/my_test_com/index.php?ref_domain=www.test.com

and then having the redirector-webserver forward the user to that excact
address..

-Dan Faerch
A/S ScanNet