[Pdns-users] Master/slave

Blaine Fleming groups at digital-z.com
Mon Jun 2 21:49:23 UTC 2003

DNS doesn't actually 'failover'.  Both servers should answer the same
number of queries, assuming there are no server outages to offset this.  If
your servers are set up correctly and the root servers have the proper glue
records for your zone, you should see queries to both servers all the
time.  If one server is answering direct queries but does not seem to
answer them when digging down from the root servers, then you need to
verify that the root servers have valid data.  A useful website for running
DNS tests is http://www.dnsstuff.com.

--Blaine