[Pdns-users] Master/slave

Tony Faoro tmf at adtaq.com
Mon Jun 2 11:49:06 UTC 2003

Hi all, thanks for all the great info on this list.

I have two machines setup with database replication in place. Changes are
being made and both machines resolve domains directly.

My question deals more in the way dns failover works... If I shut down the
master dns server (ns1), shouldnt my queries automatically forward over to
ns2, providing the info with my registrar is correct? It doesnt seem to be
doing this, however a 'host domain.com ns2.example.com' query does indeed
work, and WHOIS on the machine im testing from does show the correct ns2
entry.

Maybe I need clarification on how this system is supposed to work :)

Thanks for your time,

-t