[Pdns-users] PowerDNS 2.9.9 released in source form
ahu at ds9a.nl
Sat Jun 21 21:49:42 UTC 2003
As you may have guessed I'm struggling to find the time to maintain PowerDNS
Before I manage to build the RPM, you can find PowerDNS 2.9.9 on
Changelog will also appear on the site soon:
Small bugfixes, LDAP update. Released 21th of June 2003. Apologies for the
long delay, real life keeps interfering.
* 2.9.8 was prone to crash on adding additional records. Thanks to
excelent debugging by PowerDNS users worldwide, the bug was found
quickly and is in fact present in all earlier PowerDNS releases,
but for some reason doesn't cause crashes there.
* Notifications now jump in front of the queue of domains that need
to be checked for changes, giving much greater perceived
performance. This is needed if you have tens of thousands of slave
domains and your master server is on a high latency link. Thanks
to Mark Jeftovic of EasyDNS for suggesting this change and testing
it on their platform.
* Dean Mills reported that PowerDNS does confusing logging about
changing GIDs and UIDs, fixed. Cosmetic only.
* LDAP: DNS TTLs were random values (Norbert Sendetzky)
* LDAP: Now works with OpenLDAP 2.1(Norbert Sendetzky)
* LDAP: error handling for invalid MX records implemented (Norbert
* LDAP: better exception handling (Norbert Sendetzky)
* LDAP: code cleanup of lookup() (Norbert Sendetzky)
http://www.PowerDNS.com Open source, database driven DNS Software
http://lartc.org Linux Advanced Routing & Traffic Control HOWTO
More information about the Pdns-users