[Pdns-users] 2.9.4 -> 2.9.8 breakage

Damian Gerow damian at sentex.net
Mon Jun 9 17:40:05 UTC 2003

Thus spake Damian Gerow (damian at sentex.net) [26/05/03 11:44]:
> > Yep, this is still happening as well.  I verified this a number of times
> > last night.  However, localhost can now do recursion (it may have just been
> > a mixup on my part initially).
>
> Any comments on this?  The MASTER functionality I've pretty much figured
> out, but I don't know where to go with the non-working ACLs on recursive
> lookups...

Okay, more testing....

I just replaced my nameserver with 5.1-STABLE.  Recompiled the latest pdns
from the ports (2.9.8), and it's *still* showing this problem.

To review...

I have recursion enabled in pdns, using an external recurser.  I allow
recursion from two networks.  If I do a recursive lookup from a host outside
of these two networks, it fails, *unless* the address is in the pdns cache,
then it reports back happily.

Can anyone at least confirm that they are seeing the same behaviour / not
seeing the same behaviour?