[Pdns-users] PowerDNS resolving and resursing on FreeBSD

Anar anar at micom.mng.net
Wed Jul 30 00:55:09 UTC 2003

Dear all,

I want to my BIND servers change to PowerDNS.
But i can't understand some problems.
My Server working on FreeBSD distribution.

But in documentation wrote "PDNS is an authoritative only nameserver.
It will answer questions about domains it knows about, but will not go
out on the net to resolve queries about other domains."

and in Chapter 12, "Only compiles on Linux and possibly Solaris.
FreeBSD 4.x decided not to support the POSIX get/set/swapcontext
functions. Bug your favorite FreeBSD kernel or libc maintainer for a
fix, or ask him to port MTasker (see below) to your operating
system."

So i want to ask some questions.

- Can i configure PowerDNS to recursing/resolving other domains on the
internet? (on FreeBSD)
- If possible, how configure or integrate?

Thank you,
Anar.Ch