[Pdns-users] pdns_recursor has issues resolving after running for a while

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Fri Jul 18 00:58:39 UTC 2003

Hi, all.

I logged onto my IRC server which also happens to run a DNS server on it,
which is also that machine's primary nameserver in /etc/resolv.conf, only
to find that I couldn't oper.  Turns out forward DNS for my host's machine
name was not working correctly.  I killed pdns_recursor then restarted it
when I found I couldn't resolve from it, then things work properly.  I did
not cycle the main server on there, however.

Another thing to bear in mind is that the nameserver on that machine
authoritatively answers for that domain as well.

Any debugging suggestions should this arise again?

I'm running PowerDNS 2.9.10 under Debian Woody built with Debian's 2.95.4.

Thanks in advance.

--Ian.