[Pdns-users] something about fancy records

郭飞 guofei at hichina.com
Fri Jul 4 03:14:20 UTC 2003

In pdns.pdf,something about fancy-records is stated as :

MBOXFW

This record denotes an email forward. A typical entry looks like this:
support at yourdomain.com MBOXFW you at yourcompany.com
When PDNS encounters a request for an MX record for yourdomain.com it will, if fancy records
are enabled, also check for the existence of an MBOXFW record ending on ’@yourdomain.com’, in
which case it will hand out a record containing the configured smtpredirector. This server should
then also be able to access the PDNS database to figure out where mail to
support at yourdomain.com should go to.

URL

URL records work in much the same way, but for HTTP. A sample record:
yourdomain.com URL http://somewhere.else.com/yourdomain
A URL record is converted into an A record containing the IP address configured with the
urlredirector setting. On that IP address a webserver should live that knows how to redirect
yourdomain.com to http://somewhere.else.com/yourdomain.

Who can tell me details when URL forward and Email forward happen?

In addition, if I inserted URL and MBOXFW records into gmysql DB,can I use dig or any other linux commands query these records? For example, issue the following commands from command line:

dig @localhost abc at test.com MBOXFW
dig @localhost url.test.com URL

and obtain successful returned informations?