[Pdns-users] 2.9.9 compiling issue

Graham White graham at bravenet.com
Thu Jul 3 01:22:21 UTC 2003

I have compiled pdns 2.9.9 from source on my Redhat 7.3 system using
standard gcc-c++-2.96-113 compiler that came with redhat. My configure
settings are

./configure --with-modules="gmysql".

I haven't modified the init script that was built and I am using the
pdns.conf file I built from a previous rpm install. Currently

if I try to start pdns with the service command and the guardian and
daemon settings = yes, pdns will not start properly. The pdns_server
starts as the root user but will not start any processes as the pdns
user to answer queries. The logs show the gmysql backend as reporting
but that's where it stops. Same log entries appear if I use

pdns_server --config-dir=/etc/powerdns --daemon=yes --guardian=yes
directly from the command line

 [BindBackend] This is the bind backend version 2.9.9 (Jul  2 2003,
15:37:44) reporting

 [27721]: [Bind2Backend] This is the bind backend version 2.9.9 (Jul  2
2003, 15:36:22) reporting

 [27721]:  [RandomBackend] This is the randombackend version 2.9.9 (Jul
2 2003, 15:35:51) reporting

 [27721]: This is module gmysqlbackend.so reporting

 [27722]: Listening on controlsocket in '/var/run/pdns.controlsocket'

However if I start with guardian and daemon = no or in monitor mode then
everything starts fine, pdns user processes are started and gmysql
connections and queries are successful.  I am assuming that I need some
additional configuration settings for my compile? Thanks

Graham W.