[Pdns-users] Zone transfers and load balancing PowerDNS.

Mike Benoit mikeb at netnation.com
Tue Aug 5 17:12:38 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 16:50, Scott Kamp wrote:
> hrmm mysql doesnt do master - master replication ??? id swear it did....
> check the 4.x versioning, other then that vrrpd might help, if ns1 dies
> just have ns2 take over its assigned ip till it comes back online

Nope, even in v4.x MySQL does not do Master <-> Master replication. It
only does Master -> Slave or Master -> Multi-slave replication.

What your suggesting is strictly fail-over. This would work fine, except
for the fact that we also want load-balancing, as only one name server
can just barely handle our load.

--
Best Regards,

Mike Benoit