[Pdns-users] Newbie Question about installation and configuration.

John Cordeiro jcordeiro at serverwerkz.com
Wed Aug 27 19:43:10 UTC 2003

Hello pdns-users,

  I am new to PDNS. I am looking for the recommended install and config
  for a working chrooted resolver pdns pgsql or mysql back-ended
  server with powermail and poweradmin for domain
  parking and e-mail only accounts and as a slave for the primary
  nameserver if possible. I have searched the archives for
  this list yet cant seem to find any tips. I currently have an existing
  Plesk 5.0.5 server that handles all the hosting accounts. But
  looking to try something different.

  I have tried installing pdns source ran ./pathconfig and ./installer
  and it seems to go ok but when I
  type service pdns monitor I get a few errors about local-address
  and when I query the nameserver 127.0.0.1 I get unreachable.
  I cant resolve the bind-example-zones  i get libbind-example-zones
  not found. I have this server listed first in resolv.conf and bind
  first in order for host.conf

  Questions?  with bind as the back-end do I keep bind running on 53?

--
Best regards,
 John Cordeiro
 mailto:jcordeiro at serverwerkz.com