[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS Recursor 4.4.2 released

Otto Moerbeek otto.moerbeek at open-xchange.com
Mon Dec 14 10:59:09 UTC 2020

Hello!

Today we are releasing PowerDNS Recursor 4.4.2.

This release fixes a bug where the wrong type could be used while
verifying DNSSEC signatures, causing domains to be incorrectly marked
as Bogus. Additionally, the recursor no longer resolves unneeded names
when chasing CNAME records if QName Minimization is enabled. The
recursor now also logs more detailed information if a name is found to
be Bogus during DNSSEC validation.

As usual, there were also other smaller enhancements and
bugfixes. Please refer to the 4.4.2 changelog[1] for details.

The 4.4.2 tarball[2] (signature[3]) is available at our download
site[4] and packages for CentOS 7 and 8, Debian Stretch and Buster,
Ubuntu Xenial, Bionic and Focal are available from our repository[5].

4.1 and older releases are EOL, refer to the documentation[6] for
details about our release cycles.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing
list[7], or in case of a bug, via GitHub[8].

Regards,

 -Otto and the PowerDNS Team

[1] https://doc.powerdns.com/recursor/changelog/4.4.html#change-4.4.2
[2] https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-recursor-4.4.2.tar.bz2