[Pdns-dev] dnsdist and DoH

Pieter Lexis pieter.lexis at powerdns.com
Wed Jun 12 09:58:45 UTC 2019

Hi Brian,

On 6/11/19 8:39 PM, Brian Sullivan wrote:
> hmmm ... maybe it is not compiled in?

`dnsdist --version` should show whether or not DoH support is available.

>> showDOHFrontends()
> DNS over HTTPS support is not present!
>

> I followed the ubuntu 16.04 dnsdist to install dnsdist

Ubuntu 16.04 does not have libwslay (a dependency of libh2o)
and hence no DoH is available there. Please switch to a more modern
Ubuntu (like 18.04) to get DoH. Or compile libh2o and any missing
dependencies for 16.04 yourself to get DoH working.

> Definitely is the correct config file.

`addDOHLocal` should log "DNS over HTTPS support is not present!" when
starting dnsdist when this support is not present.

Cheers,

Pieter

--
Pieter Lexis