[Pdns-dev] First release candidate for dnsdist 1.4.0

Remi Gacogne remi.gacogne at powerdns.com
Mon Aug 12 11:05:18 UTC 2019

Hello everyone,

We are proud to announce the first release candidate of the 1.4.0
version of dnsdist. 1.4.0 brings a much more scalable way of handling
DNS over TCP and DNS over TLS connections since the first alpha release.
A major new feature since alpha2, and marquee feature of 1.4.0 compared
to 1.3.x, is the new DNS-over-HTTPS functionality.

Following a round of testing from several large scale users, this
version fixes several issues, most of them related to DNS over HTTPS
(7894, 7917, 7927, 8112), DNS over TCP (7974, 7979, 8003, 8030, 8067,
8078, 8079, 8113), or both (7915).

In addition to minor improvements, it also introduces several new features:
- a new ContinueAction allowing to keep processing rules even after
calling a normally terminal action, like PoolAction (8117)
- OCSP stapling for DNS over TLS and DNS over HTTPS (8141) ;
- custom HTTP headers for DNS over HTTPS responses (contributed by
Melissa Voegeli, 8148)
- actions, rules and Lua binding to interact with DoH queries and
generate DoH responses from dnsdist (8153).

We want to thank everyone that contributed to the testing of the beta
release, and invite you to contribute to the testing of this release
candidate!

Please see the dnsdist website [1] for the more complete changelog [2]
and the current documentation.

Release tarballs [3] are available on the downloads website.

Several packages are also available on our repository [4].

[1]: https://dnsdist.org
[2]: https://dnsdist.org/changelog.html#change-1.4.0-rc1
[3]: https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/dnsdist-1.4.0-rc1.tar.bz2
[4]: https://repo.powerdns.com/