[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.2.0 Release Candidate 3

Erik Winkels erik.winkels at open-xchange.com
Fri Aug 9 12:20:55 UTC 2019

Hello,

(via: https://blog.powerdns.com/2019/08/09/powerdns-authoritative-server-4-2-0-release-candidate-3/ )

We just released PowerDNS Authoritative Server 4.2.0 Release Candidate 3.

Thanks to an overwhelming amount of testing by our fabulous user community, this release candidate contains a ton of bug fixes (and a few improvements) compared to the previous one. We hope this has shaken out all of the important bugs, so that we can release 4.2.0 soon!

This release, sadly, cripples the LMDB backend somewhat, due to "transaction-related fixes for the SQL backends"[0]. We hope to fix this issue before 4.2.0, or otherwise, early in 4.2.x.

The changelog[1] summary:

    - lots of bug fixes!

The tarball[2][3] is available at downloads.powerdns.com and packages for CentOS 6 and 7, Debian Jessie and Stretch, Ubuntu Trusty, Xenial and Bionic are available from repo.powerdns.com.

Please send us all feedback and issues you might have via the mailing list[4], or in case of a bug, via GitHub[5].

[0] https://github.com/PowerDNS/pdns/pull/7891
[1] https://doc.powerdns.com/authoritative/changelog/4.2.html#change-4.2.0-rc3
[2] https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-4.2.0-rc3.tar.bz2
[3] https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/pdns-4.2.0-rc3.tar.bz2.sig