[Pdns-dev] Autoserial needs to remain.

James Cloos cloos at jhcloos.com
Tue Dec 11 21:22:54 UTC 2018

JM> Knowing the people behind PowerDNS, I'm sure they woke up the other
JM> day, and said to themselves: "hey, let's slash a random feature
JM> tonight!".  That was sarcasm.

Had they discussed it here, it would not be on a whim.  That they did
not discuss it here means that it is on a whim.

And it is an unquestionably harmful choice.

For something fundamental like this, which has been out for so long,
they have a responsibility to the community to discuss all major
proposed changes.  And for pdns, this list is the place to do that.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos at jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6