[Pdns-dev] Recursor 3.7.1 released

Ruben Kerkhof ruben at rubenkerkhof.com
Thu Feb 12 19:10:53 CET 2015

Hey Justin,

On Thu, Feb 12, 2015 at 6:49 PM,  <justin at postgresql.org> wrote:
> Went to update the MacOS X Homebrew formula for this, and it seems
> like the procedure for compiling 3.7.1 has changed from 3.6.2 as there
> isn't an included Makefile.
>
> With OSX, we need to change some of the paths prior to running make.
> For 3.6.2, we just adjusted the paths in the Makefile then run make
> (with basic_checks), and we're all good.
>
> With 3.7.1, there doesn't seem to be a way to override paths any
> more.  There's no Makefile, and running "./configure" also directly
> launches "make" with no opportunity to override things.
>
> Any ideas? :)

This was changed in  8d0354b189c12e1e14f5309d3b49935c17f9eeb0.
./configure now creates Makefile from Makefile.in, so you can change
the paths in Makefile.in and you should be good to go.

If you miss anything that should be override-able, feel free to open
an issue and I'll look into improving it.

> Regards and best wishes,
>
> Justin Clift

Kind regards,

Ruben Kerkhof