[Pdns-dev] Recursor 3.7.1 released

justin at postgresql.org justin at postgresql.org
Thu Feb 12 18:49:22 CET 2015

On 2015-02-12 12:17, Peter van Dijk wrote:
<snip>
> Tar.gz and packages are available on:
>
> * https://downloads.powerdns.com/releases/
> * Soon: https://www.monshouwer.eu/download/3rd_party/pdns-recursor/
>    (RHEL/CentOS, with the usual huge thanks to Kees Monshouwer).

Went to update the MacOS X Homebrew formula for this, and it seems
like the procedure for compiling 3.7.1 has changed from 3.6.2 as there
isn't an included Makefile.

With OSX, we need to change some of the paths prior to running make.
For 3.6.2, we just adjusted the paths in the Makefile then run make
(with basic_checks), and we're all good.

With 3.7.1, there doesn't seem to be a way to override paths any
more.  There's no Makefile, and running "./configure" also directly
launches "make" with no opportunity to override things.

Any ideas? :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift