[Pdns-dev] Finding Resolver's IP and Sending to Own Backend

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Fri Nov 9 07:43:03 CET 2012

Hello Nikhil,

On Nov 9, 2012, at 3:14 , Nikhil Bose wrote:

> I am new to PDNS and have few questions.
>
> 1) How I can dynamically generate A records. I have a C++ based server which knows about the possible A records.   How I can call my C++ based server APIs from the PowerDNS code.
> 2) Also I wanted to send the client's resolver IP to my C++ server. from which file or API of PDNS, I need to use this because based on client's resolver IP, my C++ based server will return the A record.
>
> I am doing research work in order to provide a geo-dns service.
>
> Can someone please guide me on this.

I would suggest starting at http://doc.powerdns.com/backend-writers-guide.html - it should come quite close to answering 1) and 2) for you.

Then, if you have any questions, please drop by on IRC (#powerdns on irc.oftc.net) or ask on this list.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/