[Pdns-dev] Finding Resolver's IP and Sending to Own Backend

Nikhil Bose nikhilbose11 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 03:14:34 CET 2012

I am new to PDNS and have few questions.

1) How I can dynamically generate A records. I have a C++ based server
which knows about the possible A records.   How I can call my C++ based
server APIs from the PowerDNS code.
2) Also I wanted to send the client's resolver IP to my C++ server. from
which file or API of PDNS, I need to use this because based on client's
resolver IP, my C++ based server will return the A record.

I am doing research work in order to provide a geo-dns service.

Can someone please guide me on this.

Any help/pointers would be highly appreciated, as I am struggling to
understand the PDNS architecture.

Thanks,
Nikhil