[Pdns-dev] oracle backend

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu May 3 16:52:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

On May 3, 2012, at 15:55 , a b wrote:

>> http://cmouse.desteem.org/20120502_oracle_env.diff
>
> Thank You for Your reply. Unless I am mistaken, this appears to be a patch for goracle backend?

It is a patch for both oraclebackend and goraclebackend.

> I am sorry to say I had to abandon the "goracle" backend because I could not figure out
> what exactly was expected of me to do to make it work. Some examples in the documentation would have been highly beneficial.
>
> What I did figure how
> to use is the oracle backend, and after patching "soracle.cc" it seems to work fine, at least in
> the testing we have performed so far on pdns_server 3.0.1.

If you could offer anything to add to the oraclebackend documentation, please let us know. Also, if you haven't already, please let us know what you patches in soracle.cc

> By the way, do you know why the database schemas differ so much between the "oracle" and "goracle" backends?

goraclebackend was designed to be 'in line' with the other gsql backends, and gsql backends have (by default, at least) the simplest scheme possible. The oraclebackend, on the other hand, was developed to take full advantage of Oracle features.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/