[Pdns-dev] oracle backend

a b tripivceta at hotmail.com
Thu May 3 15:55:33 CEST 2012

> http://cmouse.desteem.org/20120502_oracle_env.diff

Thank You for Your reply. Unless I am mistaken, this appears to be a patch for goracle backend?

I am sorry to say I had to abandon the "goracle" backend because I could not figure out
what exactly was expected of me to do to make it work. Some examples in the documentation would have been highly beneficial.

What I did figure how
 to use is the oracle backend, and after patching "soracle.cc" it seems to work fine, at least in
the testing we have performed so far on pdns_server 3.0.1.

By the way, do you know why the database schemas differ so much between the "oracle" and "goracle" backends?

> This should help with the missing vars. Although you might want to edit/create
> /etc/ld.so.conf.d/oracle.conf or /etc/ld.so.conf and put the path where the
> client libraries is to it. Either that or add LD_LIBRARY_PATH to startup script

I acutally patched the Oracle Makefiles, and relinked our Oracle packages with -R$ORIGIN:$ORIGIN/../lib, and split so linked client libraries into their own discrete package, so that LD_LIBRARY_PATH is completely unnecessary, and is never required.

With the $ORIGIN keyword inside of the shared object libraries, the package is now completely relocatable anywhere on the system, as long as the relative structure is preserved.