[Pdns-dev] [dns-operations] dns response rate limiting (DNS RRL) patch available for testing

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Jun 25 11:01:25 CEST 2012

Hello,

On Jun 25, 2012, at 9:47 , abang wrote:

> Oops, yes that's right, of course. I mistaken hashes for arrays.
>
> Btw.
> Do you think it is doable and make sense to implement rate limiting inside the Recursor? The Lua hook should be in front of the packetcache therefor.

Putting hooks there should be easy, yes. However, I would like to have rate limiting in the PowerDNS core (for both auth and recursor) at some point, and I consider these Lua exercises mostly to be useful for prototyping (although I wouldn't take any hooks away, of course).

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/