[Pdns-dev] Compiling a custom backend

Erik Muttersbach erik at muttersbach.net
Wed Feb 1 09:22:03 CET 2012

I do not intent to use it for real production use or anything else serious.
Also, probably performance isn't as good as with the mysql or pipe backend,
but I I personally felt it's more convenient than the pipe backend for my
testing. Sure, you can built a perl script or similar that calls a REST
service through the pipe backend, but for all the people that are not perl
hackers (including me) a REST service might be a nice thing.

At the end, maybe someone even needs it for applications that do need a very
dynamic DNS resolution. Currently its an experiement ...

Erik