[Pdns-dev] [Pdns-users] PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.2-RC3 released!

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Dec 27 18:43:19 CET 2012

Hello Leen,

On Dec 24, 2012, at 23:48 , Leen Besselink wrote:

>> I have not (yet) formed an opinion on the patch itself, as indeed it came in quite
>> close to or even during RC, and we try to limit changes in that time (we did not
>> quite succeed this time around, but we still tried!).
>
> During, but I did discus the solution for the patch with you on IRC if you remember ? :-)

I do remember, but I don't recall when that was :)

> The big problem is of course if the domain_id is not initialized, then the domain_id could be any
> number as I've noticed in my testing.

That's never good.

> Can I point out that it was you that changed the bug target version from 3.3 to 3.2 ? ;-)

You can :) The 3.3 was obviously wrong - nobody knows the state of this issue in 3.3. That I changed it to 3.2 probably meant that i did not expect to find the time to check the patch before 3.2.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/