[Pdns-dev] [Pdns-users] PowerDNS Authoritative Server 3.2-RC3 released!

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Mon Dec 24 22:25:26 CET 2012

Hello Leen,

On Dec 23, 2012, at 19:49 , Leen Besselink wrote:

> So I was looking over the list of changes, I noticed this patch had not made it into SVN yet
> (it is marked for 3.2):
>
> http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/ticket/551
>
> Is there something missing from this patch or is it just not something that should be applied
> so late into the RC-series ?
>
> Please let me know if the method is wrong or if something similair has to be done for other
> backends so I can complete the patch.

I have not (yet) formed an opinion on the patch itself, as indeed it came in quite
close to or even during RC, and we try to limit changes in that time (we did not
quite succeed this time around, but we still tried!).

I can't say whether other backends need the same change; do note that a
frontend change regarding domain_id was committed in r2871. I don't know
whether this changes the usefulness of your patch at all.

One issue is that the luabackend is not currently part of our automated
regression tests; assistance in this area is welcome.

Finally, backend patches work best for us if they have been cleared
by the author or maintainer of the backend - in this case, that's
Frederik Danerklint, I believe. His blessing could help speed the patch
into SVN (but it will still be after 3.2).

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/