[Pdns-dev] Question regarding PDNS testing

Ruben d'Arco cyclops at prof-x.net
Tue Aug 21 08:14:50 CEST 2012

Hi Seema,

If you get the correct result with dig, your lookup(), get() and getSOA() are working.
You do not have to implement getSOA as the ueberbackend has a default implementation which uses lookup() and get() to retrieve the same information.

The list() is used for AXFR, so a dig AXFR will trigger that.

You might also want to consider having a look at the regression-tests folder in the source tree. The start-test-stop script can easily be extended to support your backend. I've used this for the tinydnsbackend and it works wonders to validate that the backend is operating correctly.

Kind regards,
	Ruben