[Pdns-dev] goracle backend documentation

Peter van Dijk peter.van.dijk at netherlabs.nl
Thu Apr 19 14:12:38 CEST 2012

Hello,

On Apr 16, 2012, at 20:43 , a b wrote:

> Furthermore, it is unclear from the documentation whether one should be using "oracle" or "goracle" backend. Which one is better?

This is not really a question of better or worse. The goracle-backend allows the admin to specify all queries, thus making the database schema fully flexible. It is in line with the gmysql, gpgsql and gsqlite3 backends in that regard (except that it has not been tested for 3.1 yet). For an admin migrating from my/pg/sqlite3 to oracle, the goracle backend offers almost drop-in functionality.

The oracle backend offers similar flexibility, but not with the exact same set of query configurations. In addition, it offers a distinction between a readonly pool and a writable database, for redundant setups.

Kind regards,
--
Peter van Dijk
Netherlabs Computer Consulting BV - http://www.netherlabs.nl/