[Pdns-dev] [Pdns-users] errors with lates rpm

Maik Zumstrull maik at zumstrull.net
Tue Jun 28 00:30:32 CEST 2011

2011/6/28 Толстов Василий <vase at clodo.ru>:
> Hello. Now i have again errors with supermaster mode like this:
> Domain 41.76.62.in-addr.arpa more recent than master, our serial 0 >
> their serial 3535564568

That looks suspiciously like a uint32_t rollover issue.

If PowerDNS is using sequence space arithmetic, this behavior is
actually correct. Set the database serial to $REAL_SERIAL - 1 to work
around. If that doesn't fix it, pdns is probably wrongly using
int32_t. Try $REAL_SERIAL + 1 in that case and file a bug.