[Pdns-dev] Compiling pdns on OS X

Ask Bjørn Hansen ask at develooper.com
Mon Jan 31 12:36:27 CET 2011

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to get pdns (from svn/git) to compile on my macbook to make it easier to develop some tools (pipe backend and an HTTP API for managing the database).

I had an old configure file that'd make a Makefile except for the new oraclebackend directory (grrh); so I re-ran ./bootstrap and now when I run

CXXFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include/ ./configure --with-modules="pipe gsqlite3 gmysql pdns" \
                               --with-mysql-lib=/opt/local/lib/mysql5/ \
                               --with-mysql-includes=/opt/local/include/mysql5 \
                               --with-sqlite3-lib=/opt/local/lib/ \
                               --with-sqlite3-includes=/opt/local/include/

it ends in:

[....]
checking for Boost headers version >= 103400... yes
checking for Boost's header version... BOOST_LIB_VERSION
configure: error: invalid value: boost_major_version=BOOSTLIB

I can't find 'BOOSTLIB' mentioned anywhere in /opt/local/include/boost or in the pdns source.  My eyes are getting blurry from staring at the configure soup and in boost.m4.   Any hints from someone more proficient in autoconf?

If I revert this commit:
	http://wiki.powerdns.com/trac/changeset/1584

then I get past this particular error; but get another syntax error from configure about BOOST_... (and if I in turn take those lines out; the Makefiles are just built without the appropriate stuff to link with boost).

 - ask