[Pdns-dev] Quick question about notifications

Cristih gm at cristih.eu
Sat Jan 29 22:50:25 CET 2011

Hi,

I have a PowerDNS Authoritative Server 2.9.22 installed on a
CentOS server.... which is also a router...

Main IP is 1.1.1.1 on eth0
On eth1 I have 2.2.2.2 and other few IP's...

PDNS is using 2.2.2.2 and it's master for other 2-3 servers...

When I make modifications and update a serial for a domain zone...
in MySQL database... PDNS it's detecting the change and try to
send notifications to other servers.....

... and surprise ... it's sending with 1.1.1.1 ....

even all possible parameters from configuration are set to
2.2.2.2 ...

If there is an option to control IP address for sending
notifications .... please help....

If it's his default behavior... I think will be something
to take in consideration for the new releases...

Kind Regards,
Cristian Haja