[Pdns-dev] [Pdns-users] PowerDNS performance

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Fri Jan 7 14:30:12 CET 2011

On Fri, Jan 07, 2011 at 09:19:17PM +0800, jerry.du wrote:
>  Hi guys,
>
> I installed an  authoritative PDNS server. Server configure 4 x Xero 3.4
> CPU, 4G memory. I used 16 mysql bankend threads. But only get around 40K qps
> every time with queryperf.

Somewhere around 50kqps there is a bottleneck that always requires work.

In your case, can you try setting the (undocumented) receiver-threads to 4?

Like this: receiver-threads=4
Can you also try other numbers?

In general, you will probably not be able to exceed around 100kqps because
of other reasons, but please let us know your results!

	Bert