[Pdns-dev] pdnssec check-zone vs SRV and TXT RRs

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sat Apr 23 09:59:25 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 01:55:16PM -0400, James Cloos wrote:
> check-zone complains about my SRV RRs; it seems to expect the priority
> to be in the content rather than in the prio column.  The data dig(1)
> receives from the server is correct, though, supporting my presumption
> that the SRVs' priority should be in prio, just like MXs' priority.

Indeed, thanks for spotting this. This has been addressed in build 2177.
Also, pdnssec has now been added to the regression tests automatically being
run on each build:
http://powerdnssec.org/downloads/regression-test-results-2177.txt

So this should improve things in two ways, pdnssec check-zone is now better,
and we use it to make sure that everything is in order for each build.
Thanks!

> Similarly, check-zone complains that my TXT RRs do not start with "
> in the content column.  But, again, the server serves correct content,
> enclosing the content table in "".

Oddly enough, I can't reproduce this one at least with SQLite3. Are you sure
this doesn't work?

> I don't have a NAPTR RR (I never did figure out how pdns expects them
> to be stored in sql ☹) but if that also uses prio it may also be wrong.

It doesn't. http://doc.powerdns.com/types.html lists an example, perhaps you
are running into ; escaping problems?

I'd love to help!

	Bert