[Pdns-dev] feature request: first step for DNSSEC-support for PowerDNS recursor: DNSSEC without validation

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Mon Apr 18 11:41:50 CEST 2011

Hi Leen,

What you describe is quite close to the plan we have already.

The idea is that the recursor only gathers everything you need to validate
an answer and that we provide answers that come with all 'proof' inside.

This is currently also being discussed on the DNSEXT mailing list.

It turns out that the actual validation is not that much work (we can do it
already even). But doing it wisely may be a job better left for a separate
daemon.

Interestingly enough, this daemon might well live on the client computer or
in the browser.

First we want to get Auth 3.0 out of the door, then Recursor 3.4 (which has
some important fixups) and then focus on DNSSEC in the Recursor.

	Bert