[Pdns-dev] Help with building is VS C++ 2008

Todd Nine todd at spidertracks.co.nz
Sat Jul 25 05:46:29 CEST 2009

Hey guys,
  Can anyone out there give me a hand?  I've made some headway, but I'm
still struggling and could use some help.  Here are some changes I've had to
make to get compiling.

   1. integer types are a problem, as well as missing semaphore references.
   I've replaced all references to <stdint.h> with <boost/cstdint.hpp>

   2. I had to add #include <semaphore.h> to utility.hh as Visual C++ 8
   can't find the semaphore struct.

   3. Compiler can't find #include "config.h" in logger.hh

   4. Copiler complians of an ambigious definition of data types in
   utility.hh as duplicated by boost apis.  However if I comment out the
   definitions, I receive undefined type errors.

   #ifdef NEED_POSIX_TYPEDEF
   typedef unsigned char uint8_t;
   typedef unsigned short int uint16_t;
   typedef unsigned int uint32_t;
   typedef unsigned long long uint64_t;
   #endif

I contact powerdns support a week ago, but I haven't heard anything back.
We're on a tight time line, and any binary we produce I'd like to publish.
Again this is from the 2.9.22 code base, would I be better off building a
more recent version from trunk?  Stability is the largest requirement we
have as all the functionality we have is in 2.9.22.

Platform Server 2008 32 bit
Visual C++ 8
Pthreads 2.8.0
NSIS 2.45