[Pdns-dev] Help with building is VS C++ 2008

Todd Nine todd at spidertracks.co.nz
Wed Jul 22 05:56:10 CEST 2009

Hi all,
   I'm attempting to build Power DNS for windows using Visual Studio
2008 C++.  I checked out revision 1325 from trunk as that appears to
be release 2.9.22 judging by the comment and the changes.  However,
when I try to build I always receive a massive number of errors
because it can't find "stdint.h".   I've checked my visual studio
include directory (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC
\include) and there definitely isn't a stdint.h file.

I've followed all the steps outlined here

http://doc.powerdns.com/on-windows.html

and I'm using pthread v 2.8.0 and nsis v 2.45.

I've found this bit of code for windows users to get these header files

http://code.google.com/p/msinttypes/

Once I add the int header from the google code project I no longer
receive errors about the integer header, however I still can't build.
I consistently get the following errors.

error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '*'	c:\powerdns\pdns
\utility.hh	80	pdns_recursor
error C4430: missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not
support default-int	c:\powerdns\pdns\utility.hh	80	pdns_recursor

I also do not have any of the <boost/*> includes that are defined.
Any ideas on how to fix the import issues?  I'm reluctant to import
other 3rd party api's that aren't documented as I don't want to
produce an unstable build.

Thanks,

todd
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER

todd nine | spidertracks ltd |  117a the square
po box 5203 | palmerston north 4441 | new zealand
P: +64 6 353 3395 | M: +64 210 255 8576
E: todd at spidertracks.co.nz W: www.spidertracks.com