[Pdns-dev] Bug in pipebackend documentation or in pdns?

Christopher Arnold chris at arnold.se
Wed Nov 26 18:24:33 CET 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, Christopher Arnold wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, bert hubert wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 09:50:41PM +0100, Christopher Arnold wrote:
>>>
>>> im currently trying to implement a smart loadbalancing pipebackend. Things
>>> are going fairly ok, but i have noticed a strange behaviour with the LOG
>>> answer.
>>
>> This is very possible. Can you open a bug on wiki.powerdns.com and make it
>> 'blocker' or 'critical'?
>>
>> Can you reproduce with 2.9.22-rc1 (available through freshmeat.net)?
>>
> I will give 2.9.22-rc1 a try tomorrow and report back to the list (and open a
> bug if it's still a issue).

Well not much to report. Everything seem to be working the way i expect.

So in 2.9.22-rc1 it's possible to have several LOG outputing information
inbetween Q and END.

Case closed before it even was opened...

> Do anyone have any input on what pipe-regex should be?
> I have tried theese regexp's:
> pipe-regex='.globalns.openpeers.net;.*$'
> pipe-regex='*globalns.openpeers.net;.*$'
> pipe-regex='.*globalns.openpeers.net;.*$'
>
> But i still don't get any queries sent to the backend for:
> www.arnold.globalns.openpeers.net
>
> What have i missed?

I'm still struggling with this.

Does anyone have any input on how i filter queries to the backend?

 	/Chris