[Pdns-dev] Bug in pipebackend documentation or in pdns?

Christopher Arnold chris at arnold.se
Wed Nov 26 02:47:22 CET 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008, bert hubert wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 09:50:41PM +0100, Christopher Arnold wrote:
>>
>> im currently trying to implement a smart loadbalancing pipebackend. Things
>> are going fairly ok, but i have noticed a strange behaviour with the LOG
>> answer.
>
> This is very possible. Can you open a bug on wiki.powerdns.com and make it
> 'blocker' or 'critical'?
>
> Can you reproduce with 2.9.22-rc1 (available through freshmeat.net)?

I will give 2.9.22-rc1 a try tomorrow and report back to the list (and
open a bug if it's still a issue).

>> While talking about the pipebackend, what is the correct reply to a PING?
>> (This is not documented in the manual above)
>
> It appears the pipebackend never issues this command. I'd suggest 'PONG'.

:-)

Do anyone have any input on what pipe-regex should be?
I have tried theese regexp's:
pipe-regex='.globalns.openpeers.net;.*$'
pipe-regex='*globalns.openpeers.net;.*$'
pipe-regex='.*globalns.openpeers.net;.*$'

But i still don't get any queries sent to the backend for:
www.arnold.globalns.openpeers.net

What have i missed?

 	/Chris

--