[Pdns-dev] virtual memory issue and gmysql

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Mon Oct 1 11:28:10 CEST 2007

I looks like the memory usage is directly related to backend threads
being created (I haven't checked the source very closely to confirm).
It seems when mysql is not responding on a thread (cause connection
died), a new thread is created to handle requests, but the old one is
never closed down so more memory is used without the old being
released. Since my patch makes the mysql threads stay connected
better, it seems to fix the issue without fixing the real issue (when
talking about memory/threads).

atleast this is my working theory till I understand that part of the code.