[Pdns-dev] virtual memory issue and gmysql

Stephen Manchester smanches at craftyspace.com
Mon Oct 1 05:03:41 CEST 2007

After doing a few more tests on my side (I was the one that posted in
the users mailing list), there does seem to be a correlation between
mysql dropped connections and the amount of memory it's eating up.  I
too have recompiled the source using the latest mysql libs, and it
has helped, but not solved the problem.  If I can find more time, I
also will try to patch the mysql connection code for autoreconnects
and see if that eliminates the problem.

I don't think this is directly a pdns bug, but more likely a mysql
bug in it's connection handling.  Or a combination of both.  Will let
you know more when I know more.

Pdns 2.9.21 source
mysql 5.0.41
CentOS 4.4