[Pdns-dev] BIND named.conf + zones needed for testing

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Sun Feb 18 21:04:16 CET 2007

Hi people,

In order to close Debian bug 406465, which has to do with PowerDNS
misparsing TXT records with braces in them, I've switched over PowerDNS to
the all new singing and dancing zone parser as found in the recursor (which
can also serve authoritative zones, btw).

The zone format is rather tricky however, $INCLUDE, $GENERATE and named.conf
'directory' statements all interact.

So, we ask people to either test snapshot 959, which can be found on
http://svn.powerdns.com/snapshots/959 , or send us a copy of their
named.conf and associated zones, so we can test if things parse correctly.

Your information will of course be treated confidentially, and will be
deleted as soon as testing has completed, or within two weeks at the latest.

Thanks.