[Pdns-dev] OpendbxBackend errors

Arjo Hooimeijer arjoslists at deathstar.xs4all.nl
Fri Feb 16 19:56:47 CET 2007

Norbert Sendetzky wrote:
> Hi Arjo
>
>> Feb 16 07:01:26 deathstar pdns[61210]: [OpendbxBackend] escape(string):
>> Unable to escape string - Invalid parameter
>> Feb 16 07:01:26 deathstar pdns[61210]: [OpendbxBackend] lookup: Caught
>> STL exception - odbx_escape() failed
>> Feb 16 07:01:26 deathstar pdns[61210]: Database module reported
>> condition which prevented lookup - sending out servfail
>
> Could you give me some more information? Does it respond to every query in
> this way? Does this happen as soon as PowerDNS starts up or at a later stage?

I'm not sure, the logs had rotated beyond the point where I could find
out what caused the trouble to start. It's happening at a later stage
though. Haven't seen any messages since the last restart (4 hours 56
minutes ago.)

>> Versions I'm using:
>> - PowerDNS 2.9.20
>> - OpenDBX 1.2.1 compiled with _only_ the MySQL backend
>
> Do you use stock 2.9.20 or modified by the latest patch available for the
> opendbx backend?

I use the latest version from FreeBSD ports, so I assume that's stock
(not sure though.)