[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS recursor's forwarding capabilities?

Darren Gamble darren.gamble at sjrb.ca
Tue Nov 28 09:09:27 CET 2006

Good day,

Thanks for your reply.

> Hi Darren,
>
> The forward-zones statement indeed only accepts 1 ip per zone to be
> redirected. I haven't taken any time to inspect the code, so I'm in
the
> dark
> about any trivial changes that could be made.
>
> As far as I know the forward-zones statement should work, although
only
> with
> a single ip per zone.

Except that, as I noted, the recursor expects to do iterative queries
with this IP (i.e. the recursion bit is not set).  So, this only works
with one out of the two scenarios I described.  Unless of course,
there's some option I'm missing that toggles this.

Darren Gamble
Systems Architect, Regional Services
Shaw Cablesystems GP
630 - 3rd Avenue SW