[Pdns-dev] PowerDNS recursor's forwarding capabilities?

Kai kai at xs4all.nl
Tue Nov 28 11:03:55 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 27, 2006 at 03:45:03PM -0700, Darren Gamble wrote:

> These caches need to "forward" queries for certain domains to other
> servers.  In some cases, those servers are other caches, and so these new
> caches need to do a query with the recursive bit set.  In other cases, the
> other servers are part of an internal network of authoritative servers,
> and these new caches are instead expected to perform iterative queries to
> resolve the name.

> Can anyone confirm this, or, is there perhaps another option that can do
> this that we're missing?

Hi Darren,

The forward-zones statement indeed only accepts 1 ip per zone to be
redirected. I haven't taken any time to inspect the code, so I'm in the dark
about any trivial changes that could be made.

As far as I know the forward-zones statement should work, although only with
a single ip per zone.

Kai
--
begin 600 .signature