[Pdns-dev] pdns recursor stopped working

Christof Meerwald cmeerw at web.de
Wed May 26 20:15:09 CEST 2004

Hi,

today my syslog filled up with a lot of "Recursive query for remote
127.0.0.1 with internal id 4 was not answered by backend within timeout,
reusing id" messages.

It seems that the pdns recursor stopped working, a strace attached to the
process revealed that is was hanging in recvfrom (sorry, I don't have a
backtrace).

Hmm, looking at the source code, a select is right in front of the recvfrom,
but wouldn't it help to also set the socket to non-blocking mode?

BTW, this is on Debian woody (user-mode-linux 2.4.26).

BTW^2, what happened to powerdns.org?

Created On: 28-Mar-2000 15:32:09 UTC
Last Updated On: 04-May-2004 09:48:40 UTC
Expiration Date: 28-Mar-2005 15:32:09 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar: Register.com (R71-LROR)

bye, Christof

http://cmeerw.org                                 JID: cmeerw at jabber.at
mailto cmeerw at web.de