[Pdns-announce] World Hosting Days & Private graphs

bert hubert bert.hubert at powerdns.com
Tue Mar 17 15:08:09 UTC 2015

Hi everybody,

Two announcements in one: First, like 7000 others, we'll be visiting World
Hosting Days in Rust, Germany next week.  Peter, Pieter and I will be there,
as will be two of our wonderful Certified Consultants (Kees Monshouwer and
Christian Hofstaedtler).

If you want to meet up, please email any of us and we can coordinate. The
PowerDNS team will in any case be available for drinks!  We always like to
hear from users since you have more experience running PowerDNS than we do,
and can help us guide new features.

Secondly, last year we made our 'public graphing as a service' available,
as described on
http://blog.powerdns.com/2014/12/11/powerdns-graphing-as-a-service/

Today, we're happy to announce that we now also have a private variant for
supported customers and selected users.  This means you can benefit from a
one-line setup in PowerDNS (simply set the 'carbon-server' variable and you
are done), and view all your PowerDNS instances from one single interface,
and in private.

If you'd like to use our private graphing service, please contact us for
details.

The public instance on
http://xs.powerdns.com/metronome/?server=All&beginTime=-7200 is now
receiving over 1 gigabyte of graphs every week, so we think we are
fulfilling a need!

Cheers,

Bert
PowerDNS