[Pdns-announce] PowerDNS & DNSSEC!

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Jul 14 16:09:32 UTC 2009

.. http://www.powerdnssec.org ..

Is signed by PowerDNS, and the delegation from .ORG is also signed. And of
course this domain is powered by PowerDNS!

(Re)Signing & re-keying is automatic, and configuration consists of a two
step plan:

1) configure a key-repository directory in the pdns.conf.
2) run 'pdnssec create-keys powerdnssec.org'.

(to be completely honest, right now it is a four step plan, but the last two
steps will vanish very soon).

There is a monumental amount of work left to be done, both in terms of
core development, tools, performance, support infrastructure etc, and this
will not happen automatically. http://www.powerdnssec.org also lists the
things that are currently missing.

Expect further announcements soon - we'll need help to make it all happen.
The code is not yet available, but it will be if we find the help we need.

But I wanted to share this exciting development earlier rather than later!

	Bert