[Pdns-announce] update on upcoming release

bert hubert bert.hubert at netherlabs.nl
Tue Mar 14 17:28:35 UTC 2006

Hi everybody,

Just a quick message to let you know things are looking good for the
release. Only two major problems have cropped up and I've received a lot of
confirmation that things are generally working well.

The two problems are that the recursor spends too much time pruning its
cache, the author of the 'multi_index_container' we are using is helping us
solve the problem. The second problem is that our current build setup
creates static binaries that segfault on reporting an error, which is not
good.

The solution for both problems is in sight and I hope to release tomorrow.

Apologies for the delay.

(I know about the fancy records problem as well - it will be fixed but it
won't hold up the release process)

Thanks!