[Pdns-announce] Changing DNS Server Identification?

MRJ InfoTech Admin admin at mrjdesign.net
Sun Dec 18 10:00:27 UTC 2005

Answering myself in this... for original thread, scroll down.

how to change version info:

1) the answer would be...version-string=anonymous|powerdns|full|custom

When queried for its version over DNS (dig chaos txt version.bind
@pdns.ip.address), PowerDNS normally resonds truthfully. With this setting
you can overrule what will be returned. Set the version-string to 'full' to
get the default behaviour, to 'powerdns' to just make it state 'served by
PowerDNS - http://www.powerdns.com'. The 'anonymous' setting will return a
ServFail, much like Microsoft nameservers do. You can set this response to
a custom value as well.
2) The problem with this...

As soon I add the line to the conf file, PDNS refuses to start and gives me
an error 1053.

F.y.i, I run this on Windows XP Pro SP1